Incoming SURF participants must fill out and submit the forms linked below. Please upload your completed forms here.
- FERPA Form 2022
This is pre-filled. Just sign and date it and include your student ID number if you are a Rutgers student. No need to have it notarized.
- Media Consent Form 2022
Add your full name, sign it and date it.
- W-9 Form 2022
To get you into the Rutgers pay system, it is essential that you fill out the attached W-9 form. Fill in sections 1, 5, and 6, plus your cell phone number and email address (all fillable fields), then sign and date the bottom. MAKE SURE TO USE THE ADDRESS WHERE YOU WANT TO RECEIVE YOUR STIPEND CHECKS. For security reasons, DO NOT include your social security number. We will call you to obtain it over the phone.
Lab Safety Training
Instructions on how to access lab safety training.
If you are NOT a Rutgers student, you will need to obtain a guest NetID. This is a very simple process and you need to do it as soon as possible. Please follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to https://requests.rutgers.edu/app/ui/#guestrequest
- Type in all required personal information: (Be sure everything is typed in accurately)
- It will require your social security number, even though that field is not marked as required. If you elect not to submit it then it will create a pseudo number and this will require at least 2-3 more extra steps later and should be avoided.
I am your sponsor, and this is the required information you should type in for me:
- Campus: New Brunswick
- Do you know your sponsor’s email: yes
- Sponsor’s email address: email@example.com
The next fields should auto-fill, but if not:
- Sponsor’s first name: Linda
- Sponsor’s last name: Everett
- Department: Pharm-Pharmacology&Toxicology — [RBHS]
- Start date: [use current date]
- End date: 8/31/2022
In the notes section state the following: Need access for Scarlet Mail, RU Wireless and Canvas.
I will then get an email that you have supplied the proper information and that it requires my approval. Once I approve, you will receive an email from our Rutgers Information Technology Department and they will provide you with your Net ID information. For example, if your name is John Smith, it may look like: JS1234. As soon as you get your Rutgers Net ID, please:
- Activate it and create your own password.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your new Net ID. (Again, example “JS1234”)
You must remember your Net ID and your password while you are working here.
Guest ID Card
In order to get a Rutgers ID card go to https://ipo.rutgers.edu/publicsafety/online-photo-submission and follow the instructions to submit an appropriate photo. Your Net ID & password must be activated for this to be completed.
Access to the Gym
Werblin Gym membership (Busch Campus) is available for non-Rutgers SURF students at a cost of approximately $50. Purchase details will be provided if you check “yes” on the online SURF 2022 Info request form.